The short answer is yes, your solar system will be covered by your home and contents insurance however your premium might increase. It is recommended that you contact your insurer and discuss the impact of your solar system on your home and contents insurance with them. Note some insurance companies can provide additional insurance cover if your solar PV system is damaged or malfunctions in some way.
Benefits of the Methven Kiri Satinjet Ultra Low Flow:
- Full-body shower experience: Exclusive to Methven. Satinjets colliding twin jets produce over 300,000 droplets of water per second for the ultimate shower experience.
- Methven revitalises the traditional shower: The traditional shower experience, enhanced by leading-edge Methven technology.
- Easy DIY installation: Replace your shower rose on your own - no need for a plumber
- Low Flow technology: The revolutionary Kiri Low Flow range provides a great shower at a flow rate of just less than 5.0 litres per minute
In summary if you want maximum shower for minimum water usage then the Methven Kiri Satinjet ULF is the answer.
Feel free to check out our Methven Kiri Satinjet Ultra Low Flow showerhead webpage for more information and this video below to see the Methven in action:
Older low flow shower heads simply restrict the flow of water coming out of your shower, this has lead some people to believe that all low flow shower heads are the same and produce an inferior shower experience. It is important to note that the Methven Kiri Satinjet uses completely different technology to a normal shower.
What technology you might ask?
As the name suggests the technology is called Satinjet. Satinjet technology is based on the Venturi effect, where air is sucked in to the shower head through special breather holes to create large droplets of an air/water mixture with maximum surface area for minimum volume. The Satinjet head produces 150,000 of these droplets per minute.
So instead of most of the warm water simply flowing off your skin without imparting any warmth, as it does in a normal shower, the Satinjet covers your skin in a warm cloud of smaller droplets imparting maximum warmth to you even though the flow of water is much less than a regular shower. In short the Methven Kiri Satinjet is much better and more efficient than a regular shower head, which has to drench you in water to get the same warming effect.
Here is the installation guide for how to install your Methven Kiri Satinjet ultra low flow shower head/handset
Some notes on installation:
- After installation, all connections must be checked for leaks.
- All installations must be carried out in compliance with relevant water regulations.
ULTRA LOW FLOW HANDSET INSTALLATION
Remove existing handset from hose. Insert the filter washer into the hose before screwing hose end to your Kiri ultra low flow handset.
ULTRA LOW FLOW SHOWER HEAD INSTALLATION
Remove existing shower head from arm. Remove cap from Kiri ultra low flow handset/shower head. Screw shower head onto arm. Straighten shower head so it is in the correct orientation.
How do I clean my Methven Kiri Satinjet ultra low flow shower head?
Water contains lime which remains on a surface when the water evaporates. Lime deposits can be prevented from forming by wiping the shower head surface immediately after use.
To clean the chrome-plated shower head surface use a soft cloth, soap and warm water. Never use cleaning agents as they may contain a corrosive acid or a scouring additive.
The optimum operating pressure for the Methven Kiri Satinjet is 500kPa / 5bar. However the showerhead can operate as low as 150kPa / 1.5bar. Giving you plenty of flexibility.
Efficient and cheap to run
The US7 heater air-conditioner is more than 600% efficient compared to direct electric systems and more than 900% efficient when compared to average existing gas ducted systems. To put it in different terms the unit uses 1/6 the energy of a conventional electric resistive heater and 1/9th the energy of an average existing gas ducted heating system to provide the same amount of heat to your home.
Less than 4 c/kWh, that's how much the popular 2.5kW (cooling) / 3.6kW (heating) US7 (model FTXZ25NV1B) will typically cost to run in an Australian household. If you combine it with a home solar system, which we recommend and are happy to supply, then it will cost even less - around 1-2 c/kWh to operate (based on Victorian average Powershop electricity rates).
Additional benefits of the US7
- Award-winning design: The US7 won the prestigious, 2013 reddot design award in the air conditioning category.
- Intelligent humidity control: Avoids dry air in winter and dehumidifies in summer.
- Fresh air, all year round: Ventilation and purification, guided by a motion-based intelligent eye, for fresh air when and where you need it.
- User-friendly control: Control it with a wireless remote control, via an app or as part of your home automation system.
- Energy Efficiency: The only unit to achieve a 7 star rating from the Federal Government. Thanks to advanced energy-saving technologies it uses 30% less energy than conventional split systems.
- Auto clean: The US7 automatically cleans its filters for up to 25% additional energy savings
Firstly the US7 and other AC units can't really be compared one-for-one on efficiency alone. Most AC units are forced air heating devices while the Daikin US7 is a comfort solution. That's what sets it apart from all others along with being the lowest cost to run / lowest energy consuming air conditioner / heat pump on the market.
The reason it's so much better for comfort is that it includes a built in humidifcation unit valued at $500-1000 which harvests moisture from the outside air.
In addition it emits fresh air rather than recycled air so you can fill your house with fresh filtered air rather than progressively more stale air. Also, the way it distributes air by drawing from the top and bottom of the unit, as opposed to just the top, reduces air disturbance in the room (being blasted with warm air is not ideal).
Comfort = Air movement + humidity + temperature. Where Air movement should be slow (approximately 0.1 m/s), humidity is ideally 50% and temperature around 21 C °
So a major difference between the US7 and other AC units, apart from much greater efficiency, is the higher level of comfort (and fresher air) it creates in your home.
To ensure you aren't under sizing or over sizing your Daikin US7, we generally like to get an idea of:
- Your ceiling insulation level.
- Which direction the windows face in the room you plan to put your US7.
- The floor area you want to heat in m2
- The total area of glass in the rooms you want to heat in m2 (i.e. the total size of all of your windows).
- Ratio of floor area to glass area.
- Individual window size.
These help us estimate your recommended heat or cool load to determine what size is required.
Benefits of the Daikin Nexura include:
- 500% efficient: The most efficient radiant heating heat pump in Australia.
- Can cool as well as heat: The Nexura is just like a reverse cycle AC; if you get hydronic heating, should you want to cool your house, you'll also need to buy air conditioners. The Daikin Nexura saves you this cost which can be up to $10,000 for a large home.
- No heating loop losses: Hydronic heaters lose up to 20% in their heat loop.
- Superior zoning: This allows you to heat or cool just the parts of the house you want to, saving you money on heating bills.
- Low thermal inertia: compared to hydronic, which takes up to 30 minutes to reach its nominal heat loop temperature.
- Lower running costs: Higher efficiency means lower energy bills.
- Standard servicing: Much cheaper to service than a conventional hydronic system.
- Radiant Mode: At the touch of a button, Nexura's aluminium front panel warms up just like a traditional radiator. The result is warmth from radiant heating, like from a fireplace, which many people prefer.
- Air Purification: Fitted with a titanium apatite deodorising air purification filter, that traps microscopic particles, decomposes odours and even deactivates bacteria.