SOLAR VICTORIA SOLAR HOMES PROGRAM
In case you were interested in applying for a Solar Victoria (Victorian Government) Solar Homes Program Rebate - we have prepared a summary below to answer some common questions we get regarding the Program - their main web page -> https://www.solar.vic.gov.
Solar battery VPP rebate (Tesla Powerwall) UPDATE (10/01/2023): Solar battery VPP rebate TRIAL officially closed
Solar battery rebate (Tesla Powerall) UPDATE (01/07/2023): Solar battery rebate $2950 official closed 30/06/2023
Taxable income threshold now $210,000 per year and not $180,000 per year UPDATE (22/08/2023)
Currently you can get one of either the following (above any other applicable subsidies/rebates such as STCs):
- Existing Homes: the solar panel (PV) rebate (+ optional loan) AND the solar hot water rebate
- Existing Homes: the solar battery loan
- New construction: the solar panel (PV) rebate (+ optional loan)
Solar Victoria's Solar Homes Program offer rebates for (more information hyperlinked below):
- Solar panel (PV) rebate - $1400 rebate / $1400 interest-free loan (optional)
- Solar hot water rebate - $1000 rebate
- Solar battery loan - $8880 loan
Eligibility Criteria Across All Rebates:
- Household combined taxable income less than $210,000 per year (based on last year's Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- A property valued at under $3 million
- Have not already received a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program i.e. You can only get 1x Rebate.
- Must install a Solar Vic approved product
Solar panel (PV) rebate eligibility criteria (in addition to the general eligibility criteria):
- Do not have an existing solar PV system (early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system.)
Solar hot water rebate eligibility criteria (in addition to the general eligibility criteria):
- Hot water system to be replaced is at least three years old from the date of purchase
Solar battery loan eligibility criteria (in addition to the general eligibility criteria):
- Property already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW or arranging to have system installed in conjunction with solar battery installation
- Pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safely connect a battery to the grid
- Property address has not previously received a solar battery rebate
- The energy storage solution has a capacity equal to or greater than 6kWh and is listed on Solar Victoria’s battery product list and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
Solar Victoria Authorised Retailers (Pure Electric are an Authorised Retailer)
Solar Victoria has mandated only authorised retailers may participate in the Solar Homes Program. We are an authorised retailer who has fulfilled the Solar Homes Program requirements, including being a signatory to the Clean Energy Council's Retailer Code of Conduct.
The Code requires solar retailers to commit to high standards across their operations. It protects customers from unscrupulous conduct and poor performance and requires retailers to oversee all stages of the installation and post-installation service. It also requires retailers to provide a minimum 5-year warranty on all systems.
Solar Victoria have produced a number of Buyers Guides:
Ready to apply? Click the link below for where to apply for: